Data Science Analyst I or II
Mather Economics seeks new graduates to early-stage career individuals who have strong technical skills with the ability to write efficient and maintainable code. Candidates should have experience in data cleaning, manipulation and management through course work, fellowships, independent research, internships, and/or previous work experience. Individuals should be detail-oriented, organized and have a good understanding of econometric modeling and coding.
Candidates should have a four-year degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in economics, computer science, mathematics, or a related field. Degrees should be accompanied with relevant internship or work experience. Technical skills should include Stata, SQL, and Python.
We are seeking individuals who stress they want a fast-paced, team focused atmosphere, have a desire to continually learn and improve technical skills, and show a desire to grow into future positions with the company.
Requirements and Qualifications for position:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A good understanding of econometric modeling either via previous experience or the completion of an econometrics course
- Practical experience with Stata, SQL, and Python or related tools
- Enjoy being in the weeds with data and problem solving
- Ability to write efficient and maintainable code
- Practical experience with Tableau, Hadoop, Hive, or Spark is a plus
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Curious and continually eager to learn technical skills and methods
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and use excellent judgment in escalating issues to supervisors
Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Perform data management such as data validation, quality assurance and health reporting
- Handle data operational tasks, such as running, modifying and automating recurring processes using SQL and Python
- Apply econometric modeling coefficients to client datasets using STATA
- Pull and manipulate data for client requested reporting
- Write queries to pull output for A/B testing results to be used in client reporting
- Maintain data quality assurance on a regular basis for data feeds from clients and to clients
- Problem-solve data or process issues
- Create and updating health reporting to check for data quality assurance, anomalies and process success
- Communicate with consulting team on operational tasks and timelines
- Communicate with team on key performance insights (KPI) on health reporting and quality acceptance thresholds
- Adjust recurring processes and data to account for any errors outside of quality acceptance thresholds
Candidates with 1-2 years of previous work experience will be considered for the Analyst II position.
This position works out of our headquarters in the Sandy Springs area of Atlanta. This is a full-time salaried position with full health benefits, 401K, paid vacation, and an annual bonus.
At this time, Mather Economics is not hiring students that are part of the F-1 OPT under the STEM-designated degree program. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.